Atlassian Adjusts Their Prices for Cloud Products: Pros and Cons Compared to Data Centre Versions Title:
Atlassian, one of the leading software providers in the market, recently made an announcement that they would increase their prices for their cloud products. This increase, which ranges from five to twenty percent, comes after the company's decision to focus heavily on cloud-based solutions. As a customer, it's essential to know what this price increase means for you. Is it worth it to switch to the data center version? In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of Atlassian's cloud and data center versions.
Pros of Atlassian Cloud
Atlassian Cloud products have numerous benefits that have made them popular among businesses. These benefits include:
- Accessibility: Cloud software is accessible from anywhere, as long as one has an internet connection. You can log in from your office, home, or coffee shop.
- Maintenance-free: With cloud software, the provider manages the software, infrastructure, and support. You don't have to worry about maintaining servers, installing updates, or backing up the data.
- Ease of use: Atlassian Cloud products have an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate. It's simple to add and remove users, customize settings, and upgrade licenses with just a few clicks.
Cons of Atlassian Cloud
As with any solution, there are some downsides that come with using Atlassian Cloud products. Here are some of the cons:
- Limited control: With cloud software, providers are responsible for making changes to the software. This means that you may not be able to customize it to fit your business needs.
- Security concerns: With cloud software, your data is stored remotely, which can raise security concerns. If your data is hosted on a server with other companies, there is a risk of data breaches.
- Connectivity problems: Cloud software is only as good as your internet connection. If you have a slow or unreliable internet connection, you may experience connectivity issues.
Pros of Atlassian Data Centre
Atlassian Data Centre versions have numerous benefits that make them desirable. These benefits include:
- Control: With Data Centre versions, you have full control over the software. You can customize it to fit your business needs and integrate it with other systems.
- Better security: With Data Centre versions, you can deploy the software on your servers, giving you complete control over the data. You can implement extra security measures to ensure the safety of the data, such as firewalls or two-factor authentication.
- Better connectivity: Data Centre versions can be deployed on-premise, allowing you to connect directly to the server.
Cons of Atlassian Data Centre
There are also cons associated with Atlassian Data Centre versions, which include:
- Cost: Data Centre versions require hardware, licenses, and skilled personnel for maintenance. This can be expensive, especially for small businesses.
- Maintenance required: Data Centre versions require maintenance, including installing updates, scaling servers, and troubleshooting issues.
- Accessibility: With Data Centre versions, you can only access the software from the office. Remote access is not possible unless the server is accessible through a VPN or a web application.
Atlassian's price increase for their cloud products is meant to reflect the company's serious commitment to Cloud solutions. If you prefer convenience and accessibility, Atlassian Cloud may be the best solution for you. However, if you require full control and need to customize your software, Atlassian Data Centre may be worth the investment. Regardless of what solution you choose, it's important to weigh the pros and cons of each and make an informed decision. It is also essential to know that both options have their unique features, and one can fit your business needs better than the other.
At Pantarei, we have worked with both versions for more than 10 years and have served many clients in different sectors. We welcome inquiries or consultations, so reach out to us with any questions and requirements you may have.